Friday, August 27, 2010

May Flowers for Rebecca in Orange, Pink and Green / Sacramento and Lake Tahoe Wedding Flowers Florist


Rebecca was asking me what seasonal flowers might be available for her wedding in May 2011.  While I can't guarantee what I'll find when you choose "Designer's Choice", I can give you an idea of what might be available during your wedding month.  This past June, I snatched up a bargain, and one of my lucky brides happened to get peonies as a seasonal, Designer's Choice flower!!!  What is Designer's Choice?  You tell me what colors you want in your flowers; what flowers you particularly like, or dislike, too.  I then choose the freshest, nicest flowers to give you the most flower-buying power for your dollars.  Many times, my vendors have flower specials every week...but if you've put restraints on me by telling me exactly what you want, I can't get the best deal for you, and so I have to estimate based on a higher price.  For instance, if you say you must have peonies for a certain month, then I have to quote you based on what they were last year and what they might be next year.  Flowers are a perishable crop, exposed to nature, transportation, and economical issues (like farms going out of business) and prices are market prices...just like gold and silver, and fish, the price changes daily.  By allowing me to get you the best bargain, I can also reject flowers that aren't looking so good without stressing that you just had to have that garden rose in a certain shade of pink.

Now, you can request a premium flower WITH your Designer's Choice, as Rebecca has with green cymbidiums.  I price those out based on what they were last year and what they might be next year, and add that to the Designer's Choice price.



Back to Rebecca.  Rebecca, here are the flowers that the California Cut Flower Commission tell me are available in May, in your colors.  I did not include premium flowers that could be available in your colors (such as callas, peonies, orchids, etc.) although if they are on special that week....well, you never know :).



May flowers
Orange:
Alstro
Calendula
Carnation
Celosia
Dahlia
Gerbera
Gladiolus
Lily
Marigold
Nerine Lily
Ranunculus
Rose
Snapdragon
Stock
Tulip
Waxflower

Pink:
Anemone
Aster, Masumoto
Bouvardia
Carnation
Celosia
Cosmos
Coxcomb
Dahlia
Gerbera
Gladioulus
Godetia
Hydrangea
Larkspur
Lily
Pepperberry
Ranunculus
Snapdragon
Stock
Sweet Pea
Sweet William
Rose
Waxflower

Green:
Amaranthus, hanging
Bells of Ireland
Carnation
Dianthus, green trick
Gladiolus
Hydrangea
Hypericum
Pom pons, Kermit
Rose
Trachelium, jade

All photos from Flora Fresh Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment